Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Constructive-Criticism Thread !

+2
Plob
Cuadro
6 posters

Go down

The Constructive-Criticism Thread ! Empty The Constructive-Criticism Thread !

Post  Cuadro Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Right, i have to get this across:

i have been finding a couple of problems with leaders/tactics etc, and im sure some of you are finding this too !

well, lets put it this way:

This post is NOT a chance to flame our beloved leaders, it is to HELP them. nobody is perfect. thats fact. this is what i think hirial should approve of, i think this should be a chance for us to give a bit of feedback, and hopefully improve the standards of your/our raids.

im going to start with somethingi picked up a lot on tonight in a raid.

teamspeak2.

all throughout the hour/2hours i was in the raid, spammed on [raid] or our channel, was:

"shit , laggy"
"ffs so laggy"
"laaaaaag"
"ffs i cant play with this lagg"

all of which nobody was experiencing before. even i, on my really really good computer was experiencing some lagg.

the good point about ts2:

ninja'ing, in this raid, i had to leave and do and SWP on lugazag and Tirith Rhaw , and it was useful to be able to hear hirius and co, without being in raid.

bad point:

lagg.

suggestions?? post away.

many people couldn't play with this lagg, i think something should be done.
Cuadro
Cuadro

Back to top Go down

The Constructive-Criticism Thread ! Empty Re: The Constructive-Criticism Thread !

Post  Cuadro Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

just to bump this.. i think its really important we dont use ts2. i played in pve with ts2 on my laptop earlier, and i actually froze (couldnt move) cos of lagg. this was in ERED LUIN ! and pve !

crazy =/

im sorry but i think many of us won't be able to play with ts2.

edit: the problem aparently is that you are hosting it off your own computer hirial - ask emopunk for details on getting less lagg for it.
Cuadro
Cuadro

Back to top Go down

The Constructive-Criticism Thread ! Empty Re: The Constructive-Criticism Thread !

Post  Plob Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 am

i dont have any lag problems with ts, i think that day was just a bad day in the moors cos there were a lot of raids running around. i actually find the ingame voice lags my pc up more
Plob
Plob

Back to top Go down

Post  Hirial Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 am

ok, of course, lets thing the ts is doing some lag to some of ya.... any other alternatives?? cos really we need an external voice chat to speak with all, cos if we need to talk to some1 out of raid (i.e. when u went cuadro out of raid to ninja TR) we need anything to communicate with ya... so give me any alternatives..
Hirial
Hirial
War Lord

Back to top Go down

The Constructive-Criticism Thread ! Empty ventrilo

Post  Zondag Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:01 pm

a (rented) ventrilo server perhaps?
Ventrilo uses LESS cpu then TS.
Ventrillo is better general quality and buffers speech so you never miss anything.
In ventrilo you can up or down the volume of individual users, aswell as add mics. effecs.
Zondag
Zondag

http://www.theprophets.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuadro Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Ventrilo i've heard some good stuff about, is it free though?
Cuadro
Cuadro

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarenius Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:34 pm

We (The Forgotten) raid with Teamspeak every week, I never get any lag, nor to my knowledge do any of the other members (any more than usual, in any case).

I don't think the problem is with TS, more with the lotro servers or individuals PCs/Connections.
Tarenius
Tarenius

Back to top Go down

Post  JIlea Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 pm

I agree with Redeemer, like in the past years TS never changed, and for a good qualtiy without lag needs a server for TS with a very good broadband connection - when you host a ts server on the own pc its possible to talk with about 6-12 ppl (also respecting there setup in TS for the quality) but a whole raid ore even more a extern server is needed - i noticed this in the past with my tries (well maybe other countries got other and better connections than me, behind the moon Razz )
JIlea
JIlea

http://www.venompulse.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum